Next Election will be June 13, 2017. You can request an Absentee Ballots are now, but the actual ballots will be available May 17th. The last day to request a ballot is Thursday, June 8rd unless there are special circumstance.
All ballots are due back no later then Tuesday, June 13th at 8:00 p.m.
Sample Ballots are not available yet. There will be three questions on the upcoming ballots:
Question – School Budget:
Do you favor approving the Town of Brunswick school budget for the upcoming school year that was adopted at the Brunswick Town Council meeting held May 25, 2017?
Question – Elementary School Bond:
Shall “An Ordinance Authorizing the Planning, Design and Construction of a New Elementary School on the Site of the Former Jordan Acres School, with Total Project Costs Not to Exceed Twenty-eight Million Dollars, ($28,000,000) Plus Other Authorized Costs, And Further Authorizing Issuance of Bonds and Notes in an Amount Not to Exceed Twenty-eight Million Dollars ($28,000,000) Plus Other Authorized Costs” be approved and enacted?
State Referendum question:
Regarding General Fund Bond To Stimulate Investment in Innovation by Maine Businesses To Produce Nationally and Globally Competitive Products and Services
Absentee ballots will be available thirty days prior to the election. You may request a ballot up to ninety days prior to the election.
Brunswick voters can obtain an absentee ballot in any of the following ways:
• Voter comes to the Clerk’s Office and votes in person. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; extended hours will be posted prior to the election.
Methods to get absentee ballots:
• Voter calls the Clerk’s Office to request a ballot at (207) 725-6658.
• Voter or immediate family member completes an Absentee Application and either:
1) Mails to Town Clerk, 85 Union Street, Brunswick, ME 04011
2) Faxes to Town Clerk (207) 725-6663
3) Delivers to Town Clerk’s Office
• Voter requests an Absentee Ballot online: Click here and choose the option that applies to you. Ballot must be mailed back. This service is provided by the Secretary of State.
• Voter can give written permission for an unrelated 3rd person to obtain the ballot. Please call 725-6658 for more information or e-mail email@example.com.
Absentee ballots will be available 30 to 45 days before an election, but you may request them up to 90 days before an election if you wish them to be mailed to you upon arrival.
Additional information on absentee ballots is available from the State of Maine website.