The Town of Brunswick is accepting applications for new passports BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Monday through Thursday each week. Please call to make an appointment: (207) 725-6657
The Brunswick Tax Collection Division is a Passport Acceptance Agent for the U.S. State Department, processing applications for new passports. For passport renewals, please refer to the U.S. State Department’s website.
Passport applications are accepted in the Tax Office, by appointment ONLY Monday through Thursday. Please note that due to U.S. State Department requirements for same-day mailing, we are not able to process a passport application outside the times allotted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please call the Tax Office to make an appointment. (207) 725-6657
All applicants must appear in person. Complete applications using black ink. Do not sign the application in advance. The agent must witness your signature.
- Under Age 16: The minor applicant and both parents must appear in person, and the parents must sign the application on behalf of the minor.
- Ages 16 and 17: The minor applicant and one parent must appear in person, and the parent must countersign the minor’s application.
Documentation & Pictures
- Certified copy of birth certificate or a previous U.S. passport (applicants who are minors require a birth certificate to prove parental relationship)
- Identification/picture identification (drivers’ license or state-issued photo identification)
- One 2 by 2 inch photograph of yourself (please read these important details)
- Currently, passport photos are not being taken at our office - please provide your own photo.
- Passport Fees - Check or money order made payable to Department of State (No cash; no credit or debit cards)
- Applicants Age 16 and Older - $130 for passport book; $30 for passport card, check or money order payable to Department of State
- Applicants Under Age 16 - $100 for passport book; $15 for passport card, check or money order payable to Department of State
- Expedite Fees - $60 per applicant (Optional, information about expediting the process)
- Execution Fees - Check or money order made payable to the Town of Brunswick; also cash, credit or debit card. Separate payment will be made to the US Department of State.
- Execution Fee - $35 per application regardless of whether you are applying for passport book, passbook card, or both
Applications are available at the Tax Collection Division of the Brunswick Finance Department, during Town Hall hours. Applications are also available for download on the U.S. State Department’s website.