Town & Safety Policies
The Town of Brunswick has adopted various policies impacting the rights and responsibilities of all employees, covering numerous Town-wide issues as well as important safety policies, all available for download from this page. Note that individual departments may have adopted policies and procedures specific to their department that are not included on this page. Please contact Human Resources, or the respective Town department, for further information.
In addition, there are five separate Union contracts (AFSCME, Emergency Communications, Fire, Police and Public Works) that establish rights for covered employees. We also provide the Brunswick Municipal Code of Ordinances/Chapter 12 (PDF) covering all aspects of the Town’s Personnel Policy.
Please call the Human Resources Department at 207-725-6653 for questions or assistance.
- Blood Borne Pathogens Plan (PDF)
- Educational Assistance Plan (PDF)
- Emergency Response Plan (PDF)
- Family Medical Leave Policy (PDF)
- Harassment Policy (PDF)
- HazCom and Global Harmonization Plan (PDF)
- Hearing Conservation Program (PDF)
- Information Systems Acceptable Use Policy (PDF)
- Safety and Health Policy (PDF)
- Tobacco-Free Environment Policy (PDF)
- Town Ordinance (Chapter 12 - Personnel Policy) (PDF)
- Town Safety Committee Program (PDF)
- Travel Policy (PDF)
- Video Display Terminal Program (PDF)
- Workplace Threats and Violence (PDF)
- Brunswick light duty policy 2020
- Personal Protective Equipment Plan 2020
- Slip and Fall Prevention Plan 2020
- Back Injury Prevention and Safe Lifting 2020
- Brunswick Incident Review Policy 2020