Policies & Guidelines
The Brunswick Parks and Recreation Department seeks to provide high quality facilities and program opportunities for leisure time activities for all Brunswick residents. The user fees that are collected through these programs go directly toward the cost of operation. This allows us to keep our rates fair and reasonable while still delivering a high quality product. In many cases, expenses are incurred prior to the start of a program, which is why we have outlined the refund policy below.
- If we cancel a program, all fees will be refunded. If a program does not take place due to cancellation by the Parks and Recreation Department, all registration/user fees will be refunded in full.
- If you withdraw 2 business days before the first session of a program (excluding weekends and holidays) you will receive a full refund (less a $5 handling fee). Example: If a program is scheduled to begin on a Wednesday, to receive a full refund (minus the handling fee) you must withdraw before the end of business on Monday. If Monday is a town recognized holiday and our offices are closed then withdrawal must take place before the end of business on the previous Friday.
- If you withdraw less than 2 business days prior to the start of or after the first session of a program, you will be refunded 75% of the registration fee (less a $5 handling fee). Example: If the program is scheduled for Wednesday afternoons, any withdrawals that take place at the start of business on the Tuesday morning before the first session through the close of business on the Tuesday prior to the second session will be eligible for this refund.
- If you withdraw on (or after) the day of the second session, no refund will be issued.
- For one-day special events you must withdraw no less than 2 business days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund (less a $5 handling fee). There will be no refunds issued for requests later than that.
- In the event of an extended illness or injury, we will issue a prorated refund after the start of a program. We must receive written notification, along with a physicians note excusing the participant from continuing. All documentation must be received before the last session of the program.
- Refund processing takes up to two weeks. We do not provide cash refunds.