Planning & Development
To request a video conference with staff while the office is closed to the public please submit the following form:
The Department of Planning and Development is responsible for a wide variety of municipal activities, including:
- Comprehensive Planning
- Development Review
- Downtown and Neighborhood Planning
- Natural Resources
- Sign/Building/Plumbing/Electrical Permits
- Town of Brunswick Zoning Ordinance Rules and Regulations
- Village Review District Design Review
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments
Through our work we aid in helping to protect Brunswick’s community, economic, natural and historical resources.
Thank you for visiting our Department. Should you have any questions regarding the Department or the information contained on these pages, please feel free to contact us at 207-725-6660. We look forward to hearing from you regarding development in the Town of Brunswick.
- When is the Planning and Development Office open?
- How long does it take for Planning Board or Village Review Board Approval?
- What are some examples of projects that require building permits?
- Who do I see if I want to build an addition, deck, garage, shed, etc?
- Can I submit my application online?
- What documents need to accompany a Development Review Application?
- What are the documentation requirements for a Building Permit/Demolition Permit?
- How do I obtain Planning Board, Village Review Board or Zoning Board of Appeals applications?
- How do I obtain permit applications for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Signs or Change of Use?
- How do I obtain a copy of my plot plan?
- How do I determine the zone my house or business is in?
- How do I report a code/zoning violation?