Planning & Codes
* NEW PERMIT PROCESS AS OF MONDAY 10/24/22 *
The Planning & Codes Office has adopted a NEW permitting portal through CivicGov.
This new system allows for each resident and/or contractor applying for permits in the Town of Brunswick to have their own registered profile.
Once registered, you will be able to:
- Easily submit permit applications
- Check the status of applications
- Request inspections
- Submit additional documents
- And more!
The Department of Planning and Codes is responsible for a wide variety of municipal activities, including:
- Comprehensive Planning
- Development Review
- Downtown and Neighborhood Planning
- Natural Resources
- Sign/Building/Plumbing/Electrical Permitting
- Town of Brunswick Zoning Ordinance Rules and Regulations
- Village Review District Design Review
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments
Through our work we aid in protecting Brunswick’s community, economic, natural and historical resources.
Thank you for visiting our Department. Should you have any questions regarding the Department or the information contained on these pages, please feel free to contact us at 207-725-6660. We look forward to hearing from you regarding development in the Town of Brunswick.
- When is the Planning and Codes Office open?
- How do I obtain permit applications for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Signs or Change of Use?
- How do I obtain a copy of my plot plan?
- What are some examples of projects that require building permits?
- What are the requirements for residential construction under the new 2015 energy code?
- What are the documentation requirements for a Building Permit/Demolition Permit?
- How do I obtain Planning Board, Village Review Board or Zoning Board of Appeals applications?
- What documents need to accompany a Development Review Application?
- How long does it take for Planning Board or Village Review Board Approval?
- How do I determine the zone my house or business is in?
- How do I report a code/zoning violation?