To protect and preserve the public trees in Brunswick.
A member of the Tree Committee, other than the ex officio members, shall serve a term of three years. Appointments shall be made by the Town Council. The five (5) voting members of the Tree Committee shall appoint from their membership a Chairperson to serve for a one- year term. In the case of a vacancy, the Town Council shall fill said vacancy for the remaining term of the member who created the vacancy. The Town Council shall appoint the first five (5) voting members appointed after the effective date of this section to one-, two- or three-year terms so that, upon the completion of those initial five (5) appointments, only a portion of the terms of the members expire each year. All voting members of the Tree Committee shall serve until their successors are duly appointed and qualified. At the end of his/her term, a departing member may reapply for membership and join the pool of applicants.
- Jesse Bishop, Chair
- Jane Nichols-Ecker
- Dr. John Hodapp
- Jane Crichton
- Esther Mechler
- Dan Ankeles, Town Council Representative
- Assist the Town and its citizens in the dissemination of news and information regarding the selection, planting, and maintenance of trees and shrubs.
- Study and determine, with input from the Town Arborist, the needs of the Town in connection with its public tree care program.
- Evaluate and recommend to the Town Council, Town Departments, and other Town Committees proposed changes to the municipal code of ordinances that advances the goals of tree preservation and tree propagation within public spaces and elsewhere as applicable, in consultation with the Town Arborist.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer an annual Arbor Day celebration.
Dennis Wilson, Town Arborist
The Tree Committee will present to the Town Council on a annual basis.
Next Scheduled Reporting: May 06, 2024
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.