- Town Government
- Town Clerk
- Shellfish Licenses
- Student Shellfish Licenses
Student Shellfish Licenses
-- All student licenses have been issued for 2022-23 --
Intents for 2023-24 license will be available on April 7, 2023.
The student shellfish license allows the licensee to harvest from June 15th to September 1st and throughout the license year during weekends and holidays, where and when it is otherwise lawful to do so. You must also purchase a state shellfish license.
Applying for a student license will provide some credit in the future commercial lottery process depending on a few factors so the amount of credit provided will be determined at the time of commercial application. You cannot apply for both a student and a commercial license.
Marine Resource Committee Meetings are the 1st Wednesday of each month.
2023 Student Deadlines
- April 7 (first Friday in April) Intents Available. See requirements below; necessary forms will be available with the intents.
- NEW APPLICANT-HAS NOT HELD A LICENSE IN THE PRIOR YEAR Prior to applying for a student shellfish license for the first time, the applicant shall attend at least one educational event sponsored by the Town Marine Resource Committee. Attendance at such an event will be verified by the Marine Resources Officer or the Town Clerk.
- APPLICANT WHO IS SEEKING RENEWAL OF LICENSE In order to be eligible to seek to renew his/her license, a student must have attended at least two local, state or regional shellfish meetings between June 15th and the second Friday of April (4/14/23) in the current licensing year. Attendance at such an event will be verified by the Marine Resources Officer or the Town Clerk. Failure to do so will result in denial of the application. The student also must provide a shellfish species harvest report annually.
- May 5 (first Friday in May) Last Day to File Intents. Intent (application) must be delivered in person with satisfactory ID showing current residence address. If different address from previous year, must submit two forms of ID with same residence address. Examples of acceptable forms: Driver’s License, Maine State ID, mail postmarked with your name and address.
- May 8 (first Monday, after first Friday in May) Call to see if a Lottery will be held. If not, licenses can be purchased.
- License Fee: Resident $100, Non-Resident $150
- May 12 (second Friday in May) If needed; 2:30 p.m. Lottery. Contact Clerk’s Office for the Lottery Results: (207) 725-6658. Licenses can be purchased after the lottery.
- May 19 (third Friday in May) Last day* to purchase Licenses by 3:00 p.m. at the Clerk’s Office. *unless student is chosen by lottery, then the ordinance language applies
You will NOT be notified; it is YOUR responsibility to call to see if any licenses were not picked up.
CALL FOR LOTTERY RESULTS! (207) 725-6658
2023/24 License Allocations
- 57 Resident Commercial Licenses
- 6 Non- Resident Commercial Licenses
- 15 Resident Student Licenses
- 2 Non-Resident Student Licenses
- Unlimited Resident Recreational Licenses
- 10% Non-Resident Recreational Licenses
- Unlimited One Day Licenses
- 2 Bushel Licenses