How do I get a Street Opening Permit?

A Street Opening Permit is required if you will be excavating with the town street right-of-way. This includes lawn areas, the public sidewalk or within the actual street bed. If you need to excavate within the town right-of-way you must first apply for a permit and provide information on what you are doing, name of the contractor doing the work, submit information on how traffic will be maintained during the work and provide proof of general liability and vehicle insurance. You may fill out the online form or download the application from the Permitting page of our website or, call to have us fax it to you, or stop by Public Works to get a permit application. Once the form is filled out, please return it to us for processing along with the appropriate application fee. Please allow at least two weeks for our review and approval of the permit once all required information has been submitted.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a Street Opening Permit?
2. How do I get an Entrance Permit?
3. How are Speed Limits set and changed?