|Other Link||Brunswick Recreation Center Photos|
- ADA Accessible
- Basketball Court
- Locker Room
- Pickleball Courts
- Walking Track
Description: The Recreation Center, or ‘Rec Center’, is our primary indoor recreation facility and the hub of indoor recreational programs and activities offered by the Brunswick Parks and Recreation Department. This large facility contains a 22,000-square-foot field house, which is comprised of two basketball courts, an exercise area, a 590-foot indoor loop track, and men’s and women’s locker rooms. The field house provides capabilities for the Department to host large indoor events.
The Recreation Center also houses the Preschool Program on the north side of the building. This long running program has its own entrance and parking lot located on Venture Avenue.
The administrative staff and offices of the Parks and Recreation Department are also located at the Rec Center.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm; other times and days depending on programming schedule.
Gym Hours of operation: The field house is open year-round, though it is sometimes reserved for programs and events. You may call for the day’s schedule, or check the calendar posted on the Department’s web page. The field house schedule varies seasonally due to the variety of programs offered.
Location: The Recreation Center is located at 220 Neptune Drive at Brunswick Landing, near the Cook’s Corner Area.
Parking: Parking is available in the large parking lot on the Neptune Drive side of the building. Preschool parking is available in a parking lot on the north side of the building accessed via Burbank and Venture Avenues.
590’ two-lane indoor walking/running track: Distance 1/9 of a mile
Two (2) basketball courts
Open Use Fitness Area
Indoor Pickleball Courts
Large Men’s and Ladies’ locker rooms complete with bathroom and shower facilities
Beverage and Snack Vending Machines
Concession stand (for selected events only)
Access to informational pamphlets and maps of Brunswick's outdoor spaces
Abundant parking for those looking to access the Recreation Center or area trails
Primary uses: Walking/running; basketball; indoor recreation programs; special events; Preschool Program; Program registration office; administrative offices.
- Please bring your walking shoes with you and put them on once you are inside the Recreation Center.
- Please use cubbies and hooks in the lobby to store personal items
- The Recreation Center also has locker rooms with showers and a changing area available for use.
- Please lock up valuables-- The Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Locks are available for purchase at the Recreation Center!
- No roller blades, roller skates, strollers, skateboards, allowed on Track.
- Wheeled walking aids and wheel chairs are allowed.
- No amplified music to be played through speakers-- please use personal listening device